Sunday, June 29, 2014

Botox For Migraines

I have had problems with migraines for over 20 years.  It seems like they have gotten worse in my 40's.  I wake up everyday knowing that I will have a really bad headache or a migraine, and I try to make the best of my day.  My Dr. has tried my on all of the migraine medications and none of them have worked.  Some of them have caused really bad side effects from heart attack symptoms, memory loss, seizures, depression, and others.  I still don't have all of my memory back.  In order to qualify for botox injections you have had to try so many medications and have over 15 migraines a month.  That's me!  This past year they would last 4 days in a row then I would have a little relief  for a couple of days, and then back to the 4 days.  I couldn't even be in the sun at all to do yard work or watch the grandchildren swim. I still went to work and tended grandchildren, and lived a  normal life.  The only thing is I would sleep a lot when I would get home trying to get rid of the pain.  The Dr. had me drink caffeine drinks and it would take the edge off is all.  I found a Dentist that does Botox in his office.  He gave me 27 injections to start out with.  I could feel it start working the next day. WOW!!  What a miracle.  The first week my head kept feeling like it was trying to make a migraine but nothing would come.  After two weeks I got a bad migraine across my forehead.   I  had to go back in since he had not given me any injections across my forehead.  It worked, I had the injections on May 16 and it has been one month now.  Hopefully it will last 3-4 months before I have to go back in.  I feel so much better now and I have so much more energy.  I feel like that is one of my trials in life that I have had to deal with the pain and suffering.   I feel like 50 pounds has been lifted off of my head and I am so much happier.  I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for helping me get better, I know that he was a big help and answered my prayers getting rid of my migraines.  I love him so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment