Thursday, June 27, 2013

Trail of Hope






Trail of Hope is in Nauvoo.  It is depicting when the Saints left Nauvoo they walked down Parley's Street, and then they crossed the Mississippi.  Along the side of the road is some journal entries that were taken out of some of their journals talking about leaving Nauvoo.  The missionaries stood along the path and potrayed that person and read some of their writings.  As I went to each missionary I looked over my left shoulder and in black and white I could see a wagon with a family next to me.  I could see their sad faces, and their determination to keep moving forward and not look back.  I was weeping the whole time it was as we were walking together.  I walked down to the river with them and then they were gone.  I can feel the spirit so strong here and feel what they went through.

No comments:

Post a Comment