Friday, January 2, 2015

My experience with botox and nerve blocks

The reason is started using botox for my migraines is because nothing else had worked.  I went to a pain and spine Dr, his name is Dr. Davis.  When he gave me my 2nd injections they only worked for one month.  They are quite painful, no numbing medicine they just go in with the needle and shoot the meds in.  I have to wait for 90 days for the next injections so I had to have nerve blocks.  These were twice as painful they use a lot bigger needles.  My forehead swells up and Cal teases me that I look like Frankenstein. HA HA   I get injections by my temples, above my eyebrows, between my eyebrows, down the back of my skull, across the back of my shoulders, and the back of my neck.  The first nerve block lasted 3 weeks and the 2nd one only lasted 2 days.  My next botox injection didn't work.  I was so sad.  Now I am back to the beginning and don't know what to try for my migraines.  All I can do is to keep praying every day to my Heavenly Father to help me each day to ease the pain.  I keep my chin up that one day I will figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment